Monday, September 24, 2012

The Sea and Me


The highs and the lows…. The lows and the highs… Like waves in the ocean, life goes up and then down and then up again, the rhythm of life continues until it meets its end. The waves crash on sand and stone by the shore, the life crashes in the arms of death. Another wave is generated somewhere in the mid sea and starts its journey again towards the shore. With each second passing, we see millions of waves dying by the shore and many more raising their heads and rushing towards the beach as if this time they will defeat their destiny. Sigh! They fail, they fail miserably.

Each time I am defeated by the destiny, I rise, I have my highs and lows and with all the might I rush towards the final destination, falling and failing. They told me try and try until you succeed. Morons they were, having luxury of trying at each failed attempt. They were rich as their pockets were loaded with time. I tried and tried, believing in them, but unlike them, I neither was rich nor had luxury of time. Tired and exhausted, I sat by the shore with my head hanging between my knees. All of a sudden I noticed a red ball on the horizon, shining in its glory. I held my head high, and was marveled by the beauty of the sea. Only then did I notice, that waves came, some managed to break their previous record and establish the new ones, some died mid way. But in the end, they all die, neither reaching success.

Singing in chorus they all said, “Try and try until you succeed”. I felt my lips stretching across my face, and before I could realize the faint smile, it had already turned into a laugh, laughter that filled the silence, laughter that silenced the chorus. They all looked at me, initially amused, then with sympathy. A small wave crawled up to my feet and in worried, caring, warm voice, like that of a grand pa, it asked, “What makes you laugh? Do not give up my child, try and TRY until you succeed!”

I stood up, dusted my bum of the sand, with slippers in my hand, my exhausted feet carried me towards the road. In whisper I said, “Look at yourselves, tied and bounded with misery, desire and ambition. The more you try, the more you fail, in the end your hands are empty, there is no sand. It slipped away long time back. Only if you would have seen the larger picture, you would have understood there is no success. You rise and you fall and life goes on. Stop trying. Pick yourself up, accept your defeat. Become more humble, and learn your lessons. Enjoy the process and cherish your experience. Then move on to the next walk of life, where you might fly. Try only until you can try!”

2 comments: